Welcome to a new source of positive information for the High Desert!

By Miguel Gonzalez

HDD Editor & Founder Miguel Gonzalez

We begin High Desert Daily with a new concept designed to serve our readers: “Positive news that our community can use.” Our intent with this new space for information dedicated exclusively to our High Desert is to inform and give locals a platform to express their opinions or concerns about news, or circumstances, that affect our community today. All in a positive manner.

Understanding where we have been is key to know where we are headed. In this site, we will cover news that other outlets have declared “Not newsworthy.” Our target audience will span from the stay-at-home mom or retired worker to a busy commuter who only has five minutes a day to read local news.

Our format of short articles that touch directly on the point will help us inform readers on-the-go. In this era of Blackberry’s, iPhones and iPads, our staff of seasoned reporters and writers will use short but informative articles that will serve to inform and have the reader base his/her own opinion on where we are headed.

The High Desert represents opportunity. Our diverse business community is willing and ready to create jobs and prosperity and we want to become a tool of information.

In my everyday dealing with business owners and managers, I have found that there is a growing positive attitude towards a responsible growth. We are all anxious to see this community expand and prosper with high-paying jobs that will give way to exemplary schools, desirable neighborhoods, family quality parks and overall and better way of life.

We share that goal here and our commitment from the beginning is to give way to news that will help us proper.

With this, I positively welcome you to High Desert Daily, your new source of free news you can really use.

Miguel Gonzalez

Editor in Chief & Founder

Editor & Founder

10 comments for “Welcome to a new source of positive information for the High Desert!

1. October 4, 2010 at 9:48 am

Thanks for your call, I look forward to receiving good news.

2. Mike Rothschild
    October 6, 2010 at 10:36 am

Great start, excellent concept.

3. October 8, 2010 at 12:04 am

Thank you both! We are working hard to keep you informed with “positive news you can use” 🙂

Miguel

4. October 10, 2010 at 6:14 am

Congratuations on any type of news that will keep us upbeat through this challenging economy and all the local and county investigations that are challenging outside investment from investing in our area.Good luck with your publication. We all need good and factual news.Joseph W. Brady, CCIM,SIOR,President,The Bradco Companies

5. October 11, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Mr. Brady,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We will do our best to keep up the upbeat news coming along.

Miguel Gonzalez.

6. October 19, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I’m excited to see that there’s a place online where I can read about what’s going on in my hometown. It’s always a little depressing when checking out the Daily Press and seeing stories about violence and embarrassing photos of sponge-roller-wearing protesters. (Anyone else see that last week?) Anyway, I have high hopes for the High Desert and will check back here often!

Cheers,
    Tatiana

• October 19, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Tatiana: Thank you for your kind comments! Our goal is to keep people informed with positive information. Please help us by spreading the word to your family and friends. Everyone can use good news!

7. Larry Hoover
    November 9, 2010 at 5:51 pm

I was alerted to your High Desert Daily while reading the latest Mojave Messenger e-newsletter from MWA. I like your idea of positive and upbeat news, and the cross-referencing of different information outlets.
    I happened to notice that your website does not highlight Spring Valley Lake, as well as a few other communities in the Victor Valley. Can that be changed?

• November 11, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Larry,

I am interested in speaking to you about the site. Can you please call me (951) 206-6266?

Miguel Gonzalez