High Desert Daily
(Victor Valley) New Years Eve is almost here as 2011 starts to fade away. For many, that day means ringing in the New Year with friends, family, music and drinks. Clear your mind of the all too familiar “I’m just a little buzzed” and take no chances this year with the help of AAA.
AAA is once again offering their Tipsy Tow service, as they do every New Year’s Eve and Fourth of July. Both members of AAA and non-members alike can access this service, which provides a complimentary ride and tow for up to seven miles from the point of pick up for drivers who have consumed alcohol. To request a Tipsy Tow, keep this number handy for this upcoming weekend: 1-800-400-4222.
The AAA website also offers some helpful tips to keep in mind for those hosting a party this year:
- Ensure all guests have a ride to and from their destination in a car driven by a non-drinking designated driver
- Plan activities that take the focus away from drinking, and make non-alcoholic beverages readily available
- Serve high-protein snacks to slow down alcohol absorption
- Stop serving alcohol at least 90 minutes before a party ends, and serve guests coffee or dessert
- Take car keys from intoxicated guests who plan to drive home
For more information on AAA’s Tipsy Tow, visit www.aaa.com and search Tipsy Tow. Stay safe this weekend, and if you had a few drinks on New Years Eve, make the call to AAA. For your safety and the safety of those you share the road with.