By Staff Reports
(Victorville)–All High Desert residents are invited to attend the “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility on Saturday, April 21st, from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The Victor Valley MRF is located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville, just off of Stoddard Wells Road.
The Earth Day At The MRF celebration will feature:
- MRF Open House & Tours—See the MRF processing center in operation, sorting bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard.
- Environmental Expo—There will be vendors and agencies with displays and activities focused on recycling, water conservation, and desert landscaping.
- “Build a Mini Worm Bin”
- Conservation Treasure Hunt: Follow the clues to a free reusable grocery bag
- Raffles, Door Prizes, and Giveaways
- Double Your CRV Contest: Those bringing CRV to redeem at the MRF’s Buy Back Center can enter a contest to win a coupon worth up to $100 on their next trip to redeem CRV at the MRF.
- Free Tire Drop-off—For Victorville and Apple Valley residents. Limit of 9 tires per vehicle. ID required. Tires must be off rim for Apple Valley residents.
- Free Compost & Mulch Giveaway—Residents can get up to 30 gallons of compost and mulch for free. Limit of 30 gallons per resident. Bring your own shovel and containers!
- Free Shred Fest—Victor Valley residents can bring up to 4, 20 pound boxes of confidential paper documents to shred for free. Shredding done on site by All Purpose Document Destruction. No business material.
- Free Drop Off of TVs, Computers at “Recycle Alley” Drop Off Center. Residents can also visit the “RECYCLE ALLEY” drop off area to dispose of TVs, electronics, computers, scrap metal, and other recyclables for FREE during the event.
The “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration is sponsored by the Mojave Desert & Mountain Recycling Authority, City of Victorville, Town of Apple Valley, City of Adelanto, County of San Bernardino, and Burrtec Waste Industries.
For More Information: Contact the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 760-955-8615 or the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility at 760-241-1284.