(Victor Valley)–There are apps for just about everything you can think of for your smart phone – some for fun, some for productivity, some for, well, no particular reason. How about an app that could literally save your life? The American Red Cross has launched its official first aid app, putting free and simple lifesaving information as close as your phone.
This app is the first in a series to be created by the American Red Cross. It takes critical first aid information normally stored on bookshelves and in pamphlets and places it at the fingertips of tens of millions of individuals – which will save lives. It gives instant access to information on how to handle the most common first aid situations, and includes videos and interactive quizzes.
“The American Red Cross First Aid app is a free and easy way to get lifesaving first aid instruction and disaster preparedness information anytime, anywhere,” said Red Cross Scientific Advisory Council chair Dr. David Markenson. “Everyone should load this onto their smart phone as an important first step in learning what to do for medical emergencies and in creating a family preparedness plan.”
App features include:
- Simple step-by-step instructions for everyday first aid scenarios;
- Prioritized steps to take during an emergency, with 9-1-1 call button;
- Sharable badges to be unlocked through interactive quizzes;
- Videos and animations to make learning first aid fun and easy;
- Safety and preparedness tips for a range of conditions including severe winter weather, hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes;
- Preloaded content that gives instant access to all safety information at any time.
The app is free and available for iPhone and Android users. Find the app in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android by searching for American Red Cross.
Downloading the app is not a substitute for training. To learn more about American Red Cross first aid or register for a course, visit redcross.org/takeaclass.