(Victor Valley)–Just before back to school gets underway it’s time for the Victor Valley Community Hospital’s Kids Care Fair this Saturday, July 21st. The fair will again offer a variety of children’s vaccines as well as school and sports physicals, all free of charge for children 2 months to 18 years of age. Victor Valley Community Hospital with support from the Medical Staff, hospital employees, VVCH Auxiliary, numerous local healthcare professionals, sponsors, exhibitors and community volunteers brings health services free of charge to the community each July.
Additions to this year’s event include San Bernardino County Children’s Network, Provision Rx and Healthy Victorville. The Children’s Network will provide information on child abuse prevention and reporting as well as lots of games and prizes for attendees. Provision Rx will be offering prescription cards for needy families. Healthy Victorville will be offering information on one of the many healthy living programs aimed at childhood obesity including the Prescription for Play Program.
As it has been every year, admission to Kids Care Fair 2012 is FREE. With an emphasis on the importance of developing healthy and safe children, Kids Care Fair once again features:
- FREE school or sports physicals (must be checked in by noon)
- FREE height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, dental and vision screenings
- FREE childhood immunizations for children ages 2 months to 18 years. Parents or guardians need to bring the child’s current immunization record and a form of positive identification. Among the immunizations to be offered are: Polio (IPV), MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), DT (Diphtheria, Tetanus), Hib, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B (required for 7th Grade entry)
- FREE health, nutrition and safety education
- FREE fun activities including: train rides, arts and crafts, clowns, face painting, live music and karate demonstration
- FREE food – snacks, lunch and drinks
- FREE Prize Drawings throughout the event donated by the employees, many local businesses and sponsors who generously support Kids Care Fair
Bring the kids out this Saturday, July 21st from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm to the Choice Medical Group Building #4 of the San Bernardino County Fairgrounds in Victorville.
At the conclusion of the 10th Annual Kids Care Fair in July 2011, this Hospital Community Wellness Program has provided 2,023 physical exams and 3,136 immunizations and over 15,000 attendees.