Monday is the last day to submit photos for the Town of Apple Valley’s photo contest. Selected contest entries may be published in the 2013 Apple Valley Community Calendar that will celebrate the Town’s 25th anniversary.
People who live, work, volunteer or attend school in Apple Valley are eligible to submit entries that highlight the Town’s quarter century of incorporation or demonstrate why Apple Valley was voted the “Best Place to Live in the High Desert” this year, in a poll of Daily Press readers.
The contest is open to both adults and children and recognition will be given in both professional and amateur categories. Photos of your family participating in town programs and events are especially encouraged, as are images of Town parks or other recognized community icons. Other suggestions include:
- What makes Apple Valley the best place to live
- Why do you love Apple Valley
- Your favorite Apple Valley Event
- Your favorite season in Apple Valley
- Apple Valley’s healthy way of life
- Apple Valley’s awesome animals
- Water conservation practices
- Apple Valley’s green way of life
Entries are due September 24 by 5 p.m. at Town Hall. Submission forms must be turned in for each entry and are available at www.AppleValley.org under the Public Information Department or by request at Town Hall or by calling (760)240-7000 X 7072.