Victorville Residents Can Dispose of Tires For Free as part of “Earth Day at MRF” Celebration.
(Victorville)–The City of Victorville Environmental Programs Division is sponsoring a free tire disposal event on Saturday, May 4th from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The event will be held at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville. Abbey Lane is located off of Stoddard Wells Road.
This is a chance for City of Victorville residents to dispose of car and light truck tires free of charge. There are several requirements for the Tire Amnesty event:
- City of Victorville residents only. Participants must bring proof of City residency—such as a driver’s license or utility bill.
- No tires will be accepted from businesses or dealers.
- Only car and light truck tires will be accepted.
- Maximum of nine (9) car or light truck tires per vehicle. (It is a violation of CA Vehicle Code to transport 10 or more tires at a time.)
- Tires can be on or off rim.
Residents can also drop off electronic wastes, TVs, computers, appliances, and scrap metal (except cars or parts), for free during this event.
Tires from businesses or dealers will not be accepted. In addition, shredded tires, pieces of tires, and tires filled with dirt will not be accepted. Large truck tires, off-road vehicle tires, and tires from other machinery cannot be accepted.
The Tire Amnesty event is being conducted as part of the “Earth Day at the MRF” event at the Victor Valley MRF. In addition to the free tire disposal, there will be free confidential document destruction, a free mulch giveaway, MRF tours, and displays about recycling and composting.
Tires collected during the round-up will be recycled as a fuel source for the cement industry. For more information on the Tire Amnesty Day and Earth Day at the MRF, residents should call the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 955-8615.