By Staff Reports
(Victorville)– Victor Valley Global Medical Center will hold its 12th Annual Kids Care Fair on Saturday, July 20 from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm in the Choice Medical Group Building #4 of the San Bernardino County Fairgrounds in Victorville. The fair will again offer a variety of children’s vaccines as well as school and sports physicals, all free of charge for children 2 months to 18 years of age. Victor Valley Global Medical Center with support from the Medical Staff, hospital employees, VVCH Auxiliary, numerous local healthcare professionals, sponsors, exhibitors and community volunteers brings health services free of charge to the community each July.
Additions to this year’s event include car seat safety checks, dental screenings, and many new vendors offering health and insurance information for families in need. As it has been every year, admission to Kids Care Fair 2013 is FREE. With an emphasis on the importance of developing healthy and safe children, Kids Care Fair once again features:
- FREE school or sports physicals (must be checked in by noon)
- FREE height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, dental and vision screenings
- FREE childhood immunizations for children ages 2 months to 18 years. Parents or guardians need to bring the child’s current immunization record and a form of positive identification. Among the immunizations to be offered are: Polio (IPV), MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), DT (Diphtheria, Tetanus), Hib, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B (required for 7th Grade entry)
- FREE health, nutrition and safety education
- FREE fun activities including: train rides, arts and crafts, clowns, face painting, live music and karate demonstration
- FREE food – snacks, lunch and drinks
- FREE Prize Drawings throughout the event donated by the employees, many local businesses and sponsors who generously support Kids Care Fair
At the conclusion of the 12h Annual Kids Care Fair in July, this Community Wellness Program has provided 2,200 physical exams, 3,300 immunizations and over 15,000 attendees since 2001.