By Staff Reports
(Victorville)– The City of Victorville Recycling Drop-off Center has a new location, and it will be celebrating its Grand Re-Opening on Saturday, March 29th from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The Recycling Center is now located at 15164 Anacapa Road, one block south of Palmdale Road, between Amargosa and Borrego in Victorville.
The Grand Re-Opening event will include the following:
- Free tire drop-off for City of Victorville residents. (ID required.) Limit of 9 tires. Car and light truck tires only. Tires can include rims. No tires from businesses or dealers.
- Free disposal of TVs, computers, and other “e-waste.”
- Free drop off of appliances and other scrap metal items.
- Free drop off of cardboard, mixed paper, and other recyclable items.
- Raffles for door-prizes.
- Free reusable shopping bags—while supplies last!
The first 100 attendees will also receive a free “Recycling Kit” from the City of Victorville Recycling Program. The Recycling Kit includes an in-home recycling bin, a reusable shopping bag, and a plastic bag recycler.
“Our Recycling Drop-off Center is a great resource for Victorville residents,” stated Dana Armstrong, Solid Waste Manager for the City of Victorville. “We want residents to know this is the place where they can quickly and easily recycle tires, TVs, appliances, scrap metal, and cardboard free of charge.”
The Victorville Recycling Drop-off Center’s normal operating hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The facility is open to all area residents and businesses, however, the free tire drop-off is only for City of Victorville residents.
For more information about the City of Victorville Recycling Drop-off Center or the Grand Re-Opening, call the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 760-955-8615 or go to www.VictorvilleRecycles.com