By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Residents of all High Desert unincorporated communities can take advantage of several free services during the “Earth Day at the MRF” Celebration at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility from 8 a.m. to 12 noon on Saturday, May 3, 1st District Supervisor announced.
“This is a good chance to get rid of old electronics, used tires, shred old documents and even pick up mulch in time for the spring planting season,” Lovingood said.
The Earth Day At The MRF celebration will feature:
- Tire Amnesty—Free tire drop off for Adelanto, Apple Valley, Victorville, and unincorporated San Bernardino County High Desert residents. Limit of 9 tires per vehicle. ID required. Tires may be on or off rim. Only car and light truck tires accepted. No semi tires or tires from equipment. No business tires, haulers, or dealers.
- Free Shred Fest—Residents can bring up to 4, 20 pound boxes of confidential paper documents to shred for free. Shredding done on site by All Purpose Document Destruction. No businesses.
- Free Compost & Mulch Giveaway—Residents can get up to 50 gallons of compost and mulch for free. Bring your own shovel and containers!
- “Recycle Alley” Drop-off Center: Residents and businesses can drop off TVs, computers, appliances, clothing, shoes, and other recyclables for FREE during the event.
In addition, the event will include:
- MRF Open House & Tours—See the MRF processing center in operation, sorting bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard.
- Recycling & Backyard Composting Information—There will be information booths and displays focused on recycling, backyard composting, and proper household hazardous waste disposal.
- Free Reusable Bag Giveaway—to the first 200 attendees
- Double Your CRV Contest: Those bringing CRV to redeem at the MRF’s Buy Back Center can enter a contest to win a coupon worth up to $100 on their next trip to redeem CRV at the MRF.
- Raffles, Door Prizes, and Giveaways
The Victor Valley MRF is located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville, just off of Stoddard Wells Road.
The “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration is sponsored by the Mojave Desert & Mountain Recycling Authority, City of Victorville, Town of Apple Valley, City of Adelanto, County of San Bernardino, and Burrtec Waste Industries.
For More Information: Contact the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 760-955-8615 or the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility at 760-241-1284.