By Staff Reports
(DGIwire) — If you are one of the millions suffering with severely dry and cracking skin, eczema, psoriasis, acne or any other skin ailment, you might believe that smooth, beautiful skin will never be yours again. In reality, healthy, clear skin is easier to achieve, say the experts at KINDERMA if you follow these steps.
1) Drink plenty of water. Most of us do not drink enough water. For your skin cells to function properly and heal properly from cuts, infections or other wounds, we need to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
2) Lower your stress level. Stress creates hormones that actually age us as they destroy cells and create toxic bi-products and free radicals. Studies have shown that meditation or simply taking a few deep breaths can reduce our stress levels—and, as a result, improve our skin.
3) Get proper sleep. Lack of a restful 8-10 hours of sleep per day will reflect in your skin. Broken capillaries, puffiness, dark circles under the eyes are all signs of inadequate sleep.
4) Eat well. Get proper nutrition. The salt and sugar in junk foods can cause or worsen skin problems – particularly pimples and acne. Well-balanced, natural meals have been proven to help alleviate spikes in skin problems and reduce the likihood of acne outbreaks.
5) Consider vitamin supplements for your skin and body. If you’re not sure you are getting enough nutrition, consider taking a once-a-day multivitamin once-a-day.
6) Properly clean your skin. Harsh soaps can dry out your skin and even stimulate further sebum (oil) production, which can worsen acne and exacerbate conditions such as psoriasis or eczema. Use a mild cleanser that has been proven effective in ridding excess oils while maintaining proper hydration and pH.
7) Don’t smoke. Smoking can add 10 years to the aged look of your skin. Why would you want to do that?
8) Use a quality moisturizer. Damaged skin is wounded skin. The human body has the extraordinary ability to repair itself if cleansed and moisturized properly. Look for a product that includes highly effective ceramides and sphingolipids that promote the appearance of healthier skin.
Remember, follow these eight steps and you’ll likely be rewarded with healthier skin.