By Staff Reports
(DGIwire) Want to take control of your mood and improve your health? Here are 20 simple things you can do to immediately start the day off right, turn a frown upside down and start kicking up your happiness quotient.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Laugh out loud. Watch Will Ferrell, Saturday Night Live, The Marx Brothers, Howard Stern—whatever suits your sense of humor and gets you chuckling.
- Take a nap or go to sleep earlier (or sleep later.)
- Hum or sing along with your favorite music.
- De-clutter a drawer, a room, a closet, desk or garage.
- Do one thing at a time. Multi-tasking isn’t all that you might think it is…
- Garden. Planting or weeding. Get your hands on some dirt…literally!
- Tune out the news. Skip the headlines. Focus on your immediate backyard.
- Take a dog for a walk. Borrow one if necessary.
- Scent the air. Pick a relaxing, subtle essence like lavender.
- Ignore the stock market. If you can’t do this—just unplug at night or whenever your immediate market is closed.
- Visit a quite place. Observe your surroundings.
- Volunteer. No matter what you’re problems are, you’ll feel better helping another.
- Spend time alone. Even a quiet minute in a bathroom, eyes closed, deep breathing, is helpful.
- Walk mindfully. Observe your surroundings.
- Make a list. Get everything keeping you up or distracting you onto paper.
- Just say no! “No” is a complete sentence. No elaborative explanations necessary
- Give priority to close relationships…especially your children.
- Take care of your soul.
- Count your blessings.
Copyright free content by DGIwire.