By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– The County of San Bernardino Department of Public Health has received a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Grant to continue to provide access to high quality, comprehensive primary and preventive health care to County residents.
“It is an honor to have received once again a grant from the Department of Health and Human Services and have the Hesperia and Adelanto Health Centers recognized for Quality Improvement in primary and preventative care” said Meaghan Ellis the Chief of Community Health Services and Director of Nursing.
The purpose of the award is to recognize health centers that displayed high levels of quality performance in Calendar Year 2013 in Uniform Data System reporting, significantly improved quality of care from 2012 to 2013. The award also provides support for health centers to continue to strengthen Quality Improvement (QI) activities.
The grant will allow for developing and improving health center QI systems and infrastructure in:
- Training staff and workflow redesign to support team-based care, clinical integration of behavioral health, oral health, HIV care, and other services
- Enhancing health information technology such as certified electronic health record and data systems and analysis
- Developing and improving delivery systems that include supplies to support care coordination, case management, and medication management
- Developing contracts and formal agreements with other providers
- Laboratory reporting and tracking
The San Bernardino County Hesperia and Adelanto Health Centers were among the top 30 percent of all health centers that achieved the best overall clinical outcomes, demonstrating their ability to focus on quality in all aspects of their clinical operations nationwide.