By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Are you looking to lose weight, stop smoking, or make another lifestyle change? Kaiser Permanente’s wellness coaches can help you close the gap between “thinking about change” and “taking action.”
We offer wellness coaching phone appointments at no cost to members. Our coaches can help you find the motivation to make healthy changes, and support you as you reach your goals.
5 things a wellness coach can help you do
- Lose weight
- Be more physically active
- Eat healthier
- Stop smoking
- Lower your stress levels
Wellness coaching is:
- Convenient. You can take the call from your home or any location that works for you.
- Hassle free. There’s no need to worry about driving or getting to appointments.
- Flexible. Phone appointments fit into your schedule.
- Nonjudgmental. Coaches accept and acknowledge where you are now.
- Tailored. Sessions are based on your goals and needs.
What you can expect
During your first individual phone session, we will help you identify the importance of your goal and define what success would look like to you.
We will work with you to identify what kind of support you may need to be successful with your lifestyle change. During follow-up phone sessions, we’ll offer support and guidance as you work to find your motivation and figure out how to be your healthiest self.
Wellness coaching through Kaiser Permanente is connected with your overall health care. This means that your wellness coach, your physician, and your entire health care team can communicate to provide coordinated care, when you receive care at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
To schedule your first coaching appointment, call 1-866-862-4295. Hours are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time.