By Staff Reports
(Hesperia) – The San Bernardino Associated Governments (SANBAG), City of Hesperia, and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) invite all interested parties to join them in a ceremonial opening for the Interstate 15/Ranchero Road Interchange Project on Friday, February 20th at 11:30 am. The event will be held on the western portion of the new bridge over I-15. On-site parking will be available on the eastern portion of the new bridge with access via Mariposa.
Who: SANBAG, City of Hesperia, Caltrans
What: Dedication ceremony for the I-15/Ranchero Road Interchange Project
When: Friday, February 20, 2015 11:30 am
Where: Ranchero Road Interchange (western portion of new bridge over I-15), Hesperia, CA
Why: This interchange opens up another east/west alternative from I-15 for the High Desert. During construction of the new interchange, a construction-related fire on May 5th set the completion schedule back from its original expected completion of October 2014. The celebration marks the culmination of that recovery effort.
- Robert Lovingood, San Bernardino County Supervisor, 1st District
- Ryan McEachron, SANBAG Vice President and Victorville Council Member
- Eric Schmidt, Mayor of Hesperia
- Basem Muallem, Caltrans District 8 Director
- Hon. Jay Obernolte, Assembly Member 33rd District
Full audience participation in the ribbon-cutting spanning the entire bridge.
* refreshments will be served