(Victor Valley)– The Board of Supervisors today approved a two-year agreement with the union representing County probation officers, expanding the County’s ability to hire and retain experienced staff.
“This agreement shows that the County places great value in public safety and in our dedicated, hard-working employees,” said Board of Supervisors Chairman James Ramos. “The work of our probation officers is a key component in our effort to achieve the Countywide Vision and offer our residents and investors an outstanding quality of life.”
Talks between the union and the County began in August 2014. The union and County negotiators reached agreement in March. The agreement runs through July 21, 2017
The agreement includes:
* An incentive to each eligible employee identical to that granted to other bargaining units.
* A new top step.
* Two new sub-steps below the current Step 1 of each salary range.
* An equity increase to some classifications.
* A hazard pay allowance in July 2015 and July 2016.
* A boot/specialized footwear allowance.
* A field training officer differential.
* An increase to the tuition reimbursement fund.