By Staff Reports
(Victorville)– All High Desert residents are invited to attend the “Earth Day at the MRF” Celebration at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility on Saturday, May 2nd from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The Victor Valley MRF is located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville, just off of Stoddard Wells Road.
The Earth Day At The MRF celebration will feature:
- Tire Amnesty—Free tire drop off for Adelanto, Apple Valley, Victorville, and unincorporated San Bernardino County High Desert residents. Limit of 9 tires per vehicle. ID required. Off rim. Only car and light truck tires accepted. No semi tires or tires from equipment. No business tires, haulers, or dealers.
- Free Shred Fest—Residents can bring up to 4, 20 pound boxes of confidential paper documents to shred for free. Shredding done on site by All Purpose Document Destruction. No businesses.
- Free Compost & Mulch Giveaway—Residents can get up to 50 gallons of compost and mulch for free. Bring your own shovel and containers!
- “Recycle Alley” Drop-off Center: Residents and businesses can drop off TVs, computers, appliances, clothing, shoes, and other recyclables for FREE during the event.
In addition, the event will include:
- MRF Open House & Tours—See the MRF processing center in operation, sorting bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard.
- Recycling & Backyard Composting Information—There will be information booths and displays focused on recycling, backyard composting, and proper household hazardous waste disposal.
- Free Reusable Bag Giveaway—to the first 200 attendees
- Double Your CRV Contest: Those bringing CRV to redeem at the MRF’s Buy Back Center can enter a contest to win a coupon worth up to $100 on their next trip to redeem CRV at the MRF.
- Raffles, Door Prizes, and Giveaways
The “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration is sponsored by the Mojave Desert & Mountain Recycling Authority, City of Victorville, Town of Apple Valley, City of Adelanto, County of San Bernardino, and Burrtec Waste Industries.