By Staff Reports
(Victorville) – Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, will celebrate Spring Educator Appreciation Days, October 10 thru 18. Barnes & Noble Victorville and Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com <http://www.bn.com>) will offer pre-K-12 public, private and homeschool educators and administrators special discounts*, events, sweepstakes and giveaways during this time. Barnes & Noble’s Educator Appreciation Days occur several times during the year, recognizing educators and providing them with an opportunity to explore the company’s vast selection of products, learn about programs and events, as well as save with deeper discounts.
Saturday October 10th Educator Reception Itinerary:
– 2:00pm: Coffee and Cheesecake tasting from our Café
– 3:00pm: “It’s Your World” Mini Workshop: Get Informed, Get Inspired, and Get Going!
– 3:30pm: Introduction and Demonstration to the DA VINCI 3D PRINTER!
– 4:00pm: Victorville Mayor Pro Tem Jim Cox, VESD Superintendent Jan Gonzales and VESD School Board member Karen Morgan honor our Educators in our café.
– 4:45pm: Raffle
This October’s Educator Appreciation Days special discount offerings are:
– 25% discount on personal and classroom book purchases, including Children’s and Teen titles and educational toys and games;
– 25% discount on music, movies, tech gear and more;
– 10% discount on all Café consumables purchases.
Educators can also enter the Barnes & Noble Regional Sweepstakes:
-Prizes include a chance to win a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
– One educator per region of the country (five total) will win, for a total of five (5) winners. Educators can ask a bookseller for details on how to enter and review the sweepstakes official rules at their local store.
Educators also have the opportunity to enter for a chance to win or receive other local prizes and giveaways, such as books, posters, educator guides, sticker sheets, activity kits, tote bags and more, which will be on display in all Barnes & Noble stores. See store for more details.
Additional events for educators in stores across the country may focus on a variety of topics, including incorporating technology in the classroom using the Samsung NOOK device, ideas for how to use educational toys and games for interactive learning, grant writing workshops and information about new children’s titles and award-winning books. Many stores will also host bookfairs and events with local authors and featured speakers on trending topics in education. Events, workshops and educator receptions will vary by store; educators are encouraged to contact their local Barnes & Noble store for details.
The special discounts offered during Educator Appreciation Days are available to pre-K-12 teachers and administrators enrolled in the free Barnes & Noble Educator Program. To take advantage of these offers, educators can apply for their Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card in their local stores. The application form is available in stores or can be downloaded at BN.com. <http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pImages/resources/pdf/educator-application-form.pdf>
Educators can follow Barnes & Noble on Twitter <https://twitter.com/BNBuzz>, Instagram <http://instagram.com/barnesandnoble>, and Tumblr <http://thebarnesandnoble.tumblr.com/>, and like Barnes & Noble on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble>, for the latest information about upcoming events and promotions. Educators can follow NOOK on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/nook>, Google+ <https://plus.google.com/+nook/posts> and Twitter <https://twitter.com/nookBN> to learn more about special offers and promotions.
* Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.bn.com/bn-at-school <http://www.bn.com/bn-at-school>. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts. See any bookseller for details.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 649 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com <http://www.bn.com>). Its NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com <http://www.nook.com>), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 717 bookstores serving over five million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on <https://twitter.com/BNBuzz>, <http://instagram.com/barnesandnoble> and <http://thebarnesandnoble.tumblr.com>, and like us on <https://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble>.