By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Something Helpful, this way comes… and it’s Helpful Hondaween! The Guys in Blue are ready to spread some Halloween cheer to kids and families across Southern California! According to the National Retail Federation, more than 171 million Americans plan to celebrate Halloween this year, spending an average $82.93, up from last year’s $74.34*; 47% of those surveyed plan to carve a pumpkin, and this year’s Halloween survey shows that our spending has hit a record high!** So, the SoCal Honda Dealers have a scary-good surprise for kids of all ages this Halloween: FREE PUMPKINS!
Need pumpkins for carving or as decoration for your Halloween party, but worried about the costs? Don’t worry – you can get the cutest pumpkin in the patch when the Helpful Guys in Blue stop by 24 pumpkin patches across Southern California and surprise families with THOUSANDS of FREE pumpkins. If you spot a Helpful Honda Guy at your local pumpkin patch, it’s probably not a costume – they’re ready to be helpful! Keep an eye out for the blue shirts at local pumpkin patches across SoCal — from LA County and Orange County, to Riverside, San Bernardino County and Ventura Counties and everywhere in between.
WHERE: COMPLIMENTARY PUMPKIN EVENTS AT SURPRISE LOCATIONS
o Saturday, October 22: Rancho Cucamonga, Palms, Pasadena, San Bernardino, Eastvale
o Sunday, October 23: Irvine, Ventura, Bellflower, Simi Valley, Los Angeles, Victorville, Culver City
HELPFUL HONDAWEEN CELEBRATIONS:
- October 19th, 6pm-8pm: Children’s Hospital Orange County (CHOC) – 1201 W La Veta Ave., Orange, CA 92868; CHOC is the first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children in Orange County.
- October 24th, 4-6pm, Children’s Lifesaving Foundation: Venice Pop Up Park 1021 1/2 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA 90291; Children’s Lifesaving Foundation offers programs helping homeless and at-risk youth.
- October 26th, 2-4pm, Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA – 757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095; Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA cares for the physical and emotional well-being of children of all ages, from newborns to young adults.
- October 28th, 10am-12pm: Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach– 2801 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806; Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach provides specialized pediatric care for children and young adults
- October 28th, 1-2:30pm: Project Joy, Tamarisk Elementary, 1843 E. Ave Q-5, Palmdale, CA 93550; Specializes in empowerment events for children and families that are homeless, most vulnerable and at risk.
- October 28th, 11am-1pm: Dignity Health San Bernardino Children’s Subacute Center – 1805 Medical Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92411; The Children’s Subacute Center is dedicated to children who have long-term, clinically complex conditions. To maximize their quality of life, we provide treatment 24-hours a day by our subacute specialty doctors, highly trained nurses, case managers and therapists.
- October 28th, 11am-1pm: Dignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center, 18300 Roscoe Blvd. Northridge, CA 91328; Northridge Hospital Medical Center is ranked as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in the United States and serves over 2 million residents in the West San Fernando Valley.
- October 31, 1-3pm: Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90027; Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is a nonprofit institution that provides pediatric health care to more than 111,000 children each year in a setting designed just for their needs.
It’s our job to be helpful. Buying pumpkins for residents across SoCal, giving back to children at local hospitals and organizations, is just one more way the SoCal Honda Dealers are spreading Random Acts of Helpfulness. Earlier this year, the Guys in Blue showed their appreciation to local fire fighters by treating them to lunch or breakfast. Over the summer, they drove the Helpful Honda Free Ice Cream Truck to delight kids of all ages with free ice cream, and dispatched the Big, Blue Tanker Truck to surprise loyal Honda drivers with complimentary gas. Every week, the Guys in Blue can be spotted helping residents load groceries; picking up litter at parks, beaches and shopping plazas; surprising sports fans with seat upgrades, free parking, tickets, and one-of-a-kind experiences at Dodgers, Angels, Ducks, LA Rams, UCLA and USC home games and so much more. It’s their job to be helpful –no strings attached.
Learn more about SoCal Honda’s Random Acts of Helpfulness and for helpful information regarding exact dates, times and complimentary pumpkin locations please visit www.facebook.com/SoCalHondaDealers.
To request a Random Act of Helpfulness visit from the Guys in Blue, please visit http://www.socalhondadealers.com/help-me-honda