By Staff Reports
(Victorville)– All High Desert residents are invited to attend the “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) on Saturday, May 6 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. The Victor Valley MRF is located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville, just off of Stoddard Wells Road.
The Earth Day at the MRF celebration will include:
- Tire Amnesty—Free tire drop off for Victorville, Adelanto, Apple Valley, and unincorporated San Bernardino County High Desert residents. Limit of nine tires per vehicle. ID required. Tires can be on or off rim. Only car and light truck tires will be accepted. No semi tires or tires from equipment. No business tires, haulers, or dealers.
- Free Shred Fest—Residents can bring up to four 20 pound boxes of confidential paper documents to shred for free. Shredding will be done on site by All Purpose Document Destruction. No business materials will be accepted.
- Free Compost & Mulch Giveaway—Residents can get up to 50 gallons of compost and mulch for free. Bring your own shovel and containers!
- “Recycle Alley” Drop-off Center: All Victor Valley residents can drop off mattresses, box springs, TVs, computers, appliances, clothing, shoes, and other recyclables for FREE during the event.
In addition, the event will include:
- MRF Open House & Tours—Attendees will be able to see the MRF processing center in operation, sorting bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard.
- Recycling & Backyard Composting Information—There will be information booths and displays about recycling, backyard composting, and proper household hazardous waste disposal.
- Free Reusable Bag Giveaway—to the first 200 attendees
- Double Your CRV Contest: Those bringing CRV to redeem at the MRF’s Buy Back Center can enter a contest to win a coupon worth up to $50 on their next trip to redeem CRV at the MRF.
- Raffles, Door Prizes, and Giveaways
The “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration is sponsored by the Mojave Desert & Mountain Recycling Authority, City of Victorville, Town of Apple Valley, City of Adelanto, County of San Bernardino, and Burrtec Waste Industries.
For More Information: Contact the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 760-955-8615 or the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility at 760-241-1284.