By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Starting a career with The Home Depot means more than putting on an orange apron. It means that you are joining the No. 1 home improvement retailer, where we live our values daily by taking care of our customers and our associates. It also includes a few benefits you may not have realized:
- In 2017, our associates completed nearly 22 million training courses. The Home Depot prioritizes your development by offering training to help you learn the business, while also growing your leadership skills and product knowledge.
- Home Depot associates saved $15 million by using our associate discount site last year, including an average savings of $300 per year on their cell phone bills.
- More than 87 percent of store leadership started as hourly associates.
- Spring is a great time to join The Home Depot. In fact, nearly half of our seasonal associates stay on after spring.
- If you do stay on, your days as a seasonal associate will apply to your eligibility for vacation, sick leave and other benefits.
- We have more than 35,000 veteran and active duty associates. And our support doesn’t stop there – The Home Depot Foundation has committed a quarter billion dollars to veteran-related causes by 2020.
- We care about your higher education goals. The Home Depot has granted part-time, full-time and salaried associates more than $131 million in tuition reimbursement in the past 12 years.
- Our network of nearly 400,000 associates have your back in times of need. The Home Depot’s Homer Fund provides emergency financial assistance to our associates when crises like disasters and family illness strike.
If Home Depot sounds like the place for you, text HOMEDEPOT TO 52270 for a link to apply to local hourly job openings. And, as the latest in a series of improvements to the candidate experience, you can even self-schedule your in-person interview. Click here to learn more.