By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– The San Bernardino County Library invites residents to boogie on over to the library during the month of September for the first ever Retro Month celebration. Retro Month will be celebrated throughout the month of September and occur in all San Bernardino County Library branches. Every 30 items checked out earns a choice of a plush Kermit The Frog keychain, Tamagotchi, or Mario themed lanyard (while supplies last), as well as an opportunity drawing ticket for a chance to win the grand prize: a Classic Nintendo Gaming system.
Throughout the month, there are also special events and storytimes at various library locations.
These events are another opportunity to celebrate and support the Countywide Vision’s literacy campaign, Vision2Read.
The San Bernardino County Library Retro Parties will take place in the following locations:
- Sep. 5 from 4 to 7 p.m., Hesperia Branch Library, 9650 7thAvenue in Hesperia.
- Sep. 11 from 4 to 7 p.m., Lewis Library & Technology Center, 8437 Sierra Avenue in Fontana.
- Sep. 18 from 4 to 6 p.m., Newton T. Bass Library, 14901 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley.
- Sep. 25 from 3:30 to 5 p.m., Running Springs Branch Library, 2677 Whispering Pines in Running Springs.
- Sep. 29 from 2 to 4 p.m., Adelanto Branch Library, 11497 Bartlett Avenue in Adelanto
- Sep. 29 from 12 to 2 p.m., Chino Branch Library, 13180 Central Avenue in Chino.
The San Bernardino Library Retro Storytimes will take place in the following locations:
- Sep. 6 from 12 to 1 p.m., Rialto Branch Library, 251 West 1stStreet in Rialto.
- Sep. 13 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Sam J. Racadio Library & Environmental Learning Center, 7863 Central Avenue in Highland.
The San Bernardino County Library System is a dynamic network of 32 branch libraries that serves a diverse population over a vast geographic area. The County library system strives to provide equal access to information, technology, programs, and services for all people who call San Bernardino County home.
The library plays a key role in the achievement of the Countywide Vision by contributing to educational, cultural, and historical development of our County community.
For more information on the San Bernardino County library system, please visit http://www.sbclib.org/ or call (909) 387-2220.