By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Wrightwood received 10 to 13 inches of snow Thursday, with all roads reported open Friday morning. Mountain High Ski Resort is now stacked with 20+ jumps and jibs. Night operations begin today at 5 p.m. Six to 12 inches of snow are expected above 7,000 feet. Two to six inches are expected above 6,000. A few reminders:
- Snow attracts lots of people to the mountain. Plan ahead, consider leaving early and be prepared for the possibility of traffic delays, in some cases hours. If you can, consider visiting midweek.
- Chains. You need chains to be on mountain roads or you risk being turned away at Caltrans checkpoints.
- Place trash in receptacles or take it with you. In past years, we’ve experienced a high volume of broken plastic sleds left across the mountain.
- Recreation passes are required for many areas popular for snow play. If you do not have an annual pass, $5 Adventure Passes can be purchased at some local stores and gas stations.
- Parking. If an area is crowded, move on until you find another area. Do not block the road and driveways. Visitors often congregate at the first pullout with snow, but more often than not, the better snow is farther up.
- Check road conditions at http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/mtnhwys.htm. As of early Friday morning, all roads in the Wrightwood area are open with no restrictions. Please drive carefully and give yourself extra time getting to and from the resort today