By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– The Black Faculty, Staff and Student Association (BFSSA) at Cal State San Bernardino will host the 7th Annual Pioneer Breakfast on Friday, Feb. 22, from 9-11 a.m. in the Santos Manuel Student Union Events Center, with the theme “An Everlasting Legacy Defines the Future.”
The Pioneer Breakfast, which coincides with the celebration of Black History Month, serves as a fundraiser for five scholarships benefitting current CSUSB students: J. Milton Clark, Mildred Henry, Terrylin Monette, John Overton, and the Belva Holder Scholarship. Proceeds also support the annual African American Graduation recognition ceremony.
The event will also honor six community members. This year’s honorees are:
- Tyree Vance, Emerging Leader Award recipient;
- Tyrone Bookman, Staff Award recipient;
- Paulette Brown-Hinds, Alumni Award recipient;
- Sidney Ribeau, Administration Award recipient;
- Gail Thompson, Faculty Award recipient; and
- Veronica Ramirez-Amerson, Lorraine Frost Ally Award recipient.
Tickets for the Pioneer Breakfast are $25 for faculty, staff and community members. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
To reserve a table, purchase tickets or to sponsor a student attendee, please contact Anthony Roberson, associate director of operations in the Santos Manuel Student Union, at email@example.com (909) 537-7198.
For more information about the Black Faculty, Staff and Student Association, visit the BFSSA website.