By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– The City of Victorville highlighted a series of successes during the Victor Valley Chamber’s Feb. 6 “State of the City” presentation. Highlights included:
- Crews repaired 5,481 potholes and removed graffiti from 2,430 locations.
- Through the “Safe Routes to School” project, the City added sidewalks, traffic signals, crosswalk-safety flashers and other improvements near seven schools.
- The City rehabilitated 3.4 miles of Village Drive and added 1.5 miles of center-turn lanes.
- The #DumpItRightVV campaign to help people dispose of unwanted items the right way.
- Moody’s Investors Service upgraded the Southern California Logistics Airport bond rating. All bonds are current and free of defaults.
- SCLA added 1.4 million square-feet of new industrial space in the past 18 months.
- General Atomics leased three buildings at SCLA. Two will be used for aircraft mechanics training in partnership with Victor Valley College.
- Boeing has leased an additional 93,000 square feet of hangar space.