By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS),the world’s largest retail bookseller, is kicking off summer reading with the hottest books, special offers, and nationwide events all summer long. The Company also announced its annual Summer Reading Program, giving kids in grades one through six a chance to earn a free book by reading 8 books and completing a reading journal. With its unique offerings and expert booksellers, Barnes & Noble is the destination for summer reading for all ages both in store and online at BN.com/summerreading, as well as on social media by using hashtag, #BookYourSummer.
“Whether you’re looking for great beach reads, the latest thrillers, or the perfect books to keep your children reading on vacation, Barnes & Noble has everything you need for you and your family this summer,” said Tim Mantel, Chief Merchandising Officer at Barnes & Noble.
Summer is a great time to catch up on the classics, which is why Barnes & Noble is offering Barnes & Noble Classics for just $6 in stores and online. From Mary Shelley’s Frankensteinto Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women, customers can stock their libraries with great books this season. For fans of Young Adult books, the Company is offering 20% off select new YA releases like Angie Thomas’ On The Come Up, and classic summer reading, including S.E. Hinton’s The Outsiders(B&N Exclusive Edition).
For younger readers, Barnes & Noble will offer top young reader series books, including Dork Diaries and Percy Jackson, for just $8, and popular chapter books like Super Turboand The Critter Clubwill be Buy One, Get One Free. Parents can also help kids keep their study skills sharp this summer with a wide selection of educational workbooks in areas including math, science and writing for just $10 per book.
Kids Earn a Free Book through Summer Reading Program
Barnes & Noble is also kicking off its 23rdannual Summer Reading Program, where kids in grades one through six can earn a free book by reading 8 books and completing a Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Journal to return to their local store between August 1 and August 31. The free book selection includes over 30 titles ranging from beginning reader books to chapter books, and includes favorite characters such as Fancy Nancy, Judy Moody, Pete the Cat and many more popular names. To get started, customers can visit any Barnes & Noble store and ask a bookseller for the Summer Reading Journal, or download it online at BN.com.
Hot Summer Books
Barnes & Noble booksellers have reading suggestions for all interests and ages. Customers can see a selection of recommended summer books below, and find many more suggestions at BN.com/summerreading.
Exciting Summer Releases
- The Adventure Zone: Murder On the Rockport Limited!(B&N Exclusive Edition), Clint McElroy, July 16
- City of Girls, Elizabeth Gilbert, June 4
- Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope, Mark Manson, May 14
- Howard Stern Comes Again, Howard Stern, May 14
- Let Love Have the Last Word, Common, May 7
- Everything(B&N Exclusive Edition), Jennifer Weiner, June 11
- Naturally Tan, Tan France, June 4
- Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered(B&N Exclusive Edition), Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark, May 28
- Summer of ’69, Elin Hilderbrand, June 18
- Thrawn: Treason(Star Wars) (B&N Exclusive Edition), Timothy Zahn, July 23
New in Paperback Beach Reads
- Before We Were Yours, Lisa Wingate, May 21
- Calypso, David Sedaris, June 4
- Clock Dance, Anne Tyler, April 30
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway, Ruth Ware, April 30
- A Gentleman in Moscow, Amor Towles, May 26
- Kingdom of the Blind, Louise Penny, June 25
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng, May 7
- The Mister, E.L. James, April 16
- The President is Missing, Bill Clinton and James Patterson, June 11
- The Reckoning, John Grisham, June 18
- Backlash(Scot Harvath Series #18) (B&N Exclusive Edition), Brad Thor, June 25
- Cari Mora, Thomas Harris, May 21
- Neon Prey(Lucas Davenport Series #29), John Sandford, April 23
- The New Girl(Gabriel Allon Series #19), Daniel Silva, July 16
- The Night Window(Jane Hawk #5), Dean Koontz, May 14
- One Good Deed, David Baldacci, July 23
- The Oracle(Fargo Adventure Series #11), Clive Cussler, June 11
- Tom Clancy Enemy Contact, Mike Maden, June 11
- The Turn of the Key,Ruth Ware, August 6
- Unsolved, James Patterson, June 3
Summer Young Adult Releases
- Again, but Better(B&N YA Book Club Edition), Christine Riccio, May 7
- Aurora Rising(Aurora Cycle Series #1), Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, May 7
- Avatar, The Last Airbender: The Rise of Kyoshi(B&N Exclusive Edition), F.C. Yee, July 16
- Broken Throne: A Red Queen Collection(B&N Exclusive Edition), Victoria Aveyard, May 7
- Finale(Caravel Series #3) (B&N Exclusive Edition), Stephanie Garber, May 7
- Ghosts of the Shadow Market, Cassandra Clare, June 4
- Nocturna, Maya Motayne, May 7
- The Rest of the Story(B&N Exclusive Edition), Sarah Dessen, June 4
- Stepsister, Jennifer Donnelly, May 14
- We Hunt the Flame(Sands of Arawiya Series #1) (B&N YA Book Club Edition), Hafsah Faizal, May 14
Summer Books for Young Readers
- The Accomplice(Theodore Boone Series #7), John Grisham, May 14
- Escape from the Isle of the Lost(B&N Exclusive Edition) (Descendants Series #4), Melissa de la Cruz, June 4
- Just Jaime(B&N Exclusive Edition), Terri Libenson, May 7
- The Misadventures of Max Crumbly 3: Masters of Mischief, Rachel Renée Russell, June 4
- National Geographic Kids Almanac 2020, National Geographic Kids, May 7
- PopularMMOs Presents: Enter the Mine(B&N Exclusive Edition), PopularMMOs, June 4
- Serafina and the Seven Stars(Serafina Series #4), Robert Beatty, July 9
- Shouting at the Rain, Lynda Mullaly Hunt, May 7
- Toby’s Story(B&N Exclusive Edition), W. Bruce Cameron, May 7
- Treasure Hunters: All-American Adventure, James Patterson, June 10
Summer Events for Book Lovers
Barnes & Noble stores around the country will host a variety of summer events to bring readers of all ages together to read, talk, and participate in activities related to the latest books, toys, and games. Events include the monthly Barnes & Noble Book Club, highlighting some of the most compelling books being published, as well as a new monthly Young Adult Book Club, bringing together fans of YA books to discuss exciting authors and titles. For younger readers, the seasonal Barnes & Noble Kids’ Book Hangout®is perfect for book discovery.
The Company will also hold special Saturday Storytimes for kids, with a chance for participants to get exclusive stickers to put in a Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Passport provided at the events. In addition, parents and caregivers can bring their youngest kids to Baby & Me Storytimes on Sundays, where little ones will be introduced to fun new board books and interactive sensory activities.
To find out more about these and other events, customers can check the Barnes & Noble Store Locator, or ask a knowledgeable bookseller.