By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– On Monday, Memorial Day, Americans will pause to remember the men and women who have given their lives while in service to our country. The following services are planned Monday around the First District.
- Desert View Memorial Park, 11500 Amargosa Road, Victorville. 10 a.m.
- Riverview Cemetery, 1101 E. Broadway Avenue, Needles. 11 a.m.
- Oro Grande Cemetery, 131 Olive St., Oro Grande. 11 a.m.
- Sunset Hills Memorial Park and Cemetery, 24000 Waalew Rd., Apple Valley. 12 p.m.
- VFW Post 9415, 4892 Nielson Rd., Phelan. 11 a.m.
- Victor Valley Memorial Park, 17150 C St., Victorville. 8:30 a.m.
- Wrightwood Veterans Park, 5980 Elm St., Wrightwood. 12 p.m.
- San Bernardino County Fairgrounds, 14800 7thSt., Victorville. 12 p.m. The Third annual Memorial Day Event at the San Bernardino County Fair is planned Monday, May 27 in the Grandstands. Gates will open at 5 p.m. The Marine Corps Mounted Color Guard from the Marine Corps Logistics Base will present the colors. The POW/MIA table will be organized by the Air Force Color Guard from March Air Reserve Base. The 11th Armored Cavalry Commander from the National Training Center at Fort Irwin will be speaking. Admission to the Memorial Day Event is free with paid admission to the Fair. For details, search Facebook for “San Bernardino County Fair Memorial Day Event” or call the Fairgrounds at (760) 951 2200.