By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– For 3 years running, Kaiser Permanente has earned a top-ranking score of 100% on the Disability Equality Index and named a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion.
Administered by 2 of the leading U.S. disability organizations — the American Association of People with Disabilities and Disability:IN — the DEI’s purpose is to advance the inclusion of people with disabilities. This assessment measures an organization’s culture, leadership, accessibility, employment practices, community engagement, and supplier diversity.
“Receiving this honor for the third consecutive year demonstrates our ongoing commitment to create and continuously improve an inclusive environment at Kaiser Permanente where all people can reach their full potential,” said Ronald L. Copeland, MD, chief equity, inclusion, and diversity officer. “Individuals with disabilities have unique and critical talents and add value to our workforce and the community every day.”
Michael Siver, president of KPability, Kaiser Permanente’s business resource group for employees with disabilities and their advocates, said, “There is truly a place for everyone within our workplace, where everyone’s different ability is understood and appreciated.”
With over 800 members, KPability gives employees with disabilities a platform and voice for positive change within the disability community and provides support through networking, professional development, and volunteer opportunities.
In addition to receiving a top score on the 2019 Disability Equality Index, Kaiser Permanente has recently earned multiple honors for its support of its highly diverse workforce, including:
- Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT 2019
- Forbes’ America’s Best Employers by State 2019
- Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity 2019
- Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work
- Indeed’s Top-Rated Workplaces for Veterans
- National Organization on Disability’s Leading Disability Employer
- LatinaStyle’s 50 Best Companies for Latinas
- Indeed’s Best Healthcare Companies to Work For
- Corporate Equality Index’s Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality
- DiversityInc’s Top 50 Hall of Fame