By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– San Bernardino County Animal Care and Control (ACC), along with six additional animal shelter facilities in the county, will be sponsoring Ho Ho Home for Holidays, a special adoption event to place homeless pets with loving families from Dec. 16-22.
“One of the greatest gifts you can provide to a homeless pet this holiday is a loving and caring home,” said Brian Cronin, Chief of San Bernardino County ACC.
The following animal shelters are participating in Ho Ho Home for the Holidays:
- Apple Valley Animal Shelter – 22131 Powhatan Rd., Apple Valley – (760) 240-7000
- Barstow Humane Society – 2480 E. Main St., Barstow – (760) 252-4800
- Big Bear Animal Shelter – 42080 North Shore Dr., Big Bear City – (909) 866-4943
- Devore Animal Shelter – 19777 Shelter Way, San Bernardino – (909) 386-9820
- Hesperia Animal Shelter – 11011 Santa Fe Ave. E, Hesperia – (760) 947-1700
- Rancho Cucamonga Animal Services – 11780 Arrow Route, Rancho Cucamonga – (909) 466-7387
- Redlands Animal Shelter – 504 Kansas St., Redlands – (909) 798-7644
- Upland Animal Shelter – 1275 San Bernardino Rd., Upland – (909) 931-4185
Each agency will offer a different reduced adoption fee, which includes microchipping, spaying or neutering and initial vaccinations. License fees vary by jurisdiction and are not included. Please contact the agency listed that serves your area for further information and to confirm discounted adoption pricing.
Consider the following when adopting a pet during the holiday season:
- Get the home prepared by making sure it’s safe for your new pet. Check for poisonous plants, electrical cords, fencing and anything that can be a safety hazard.
- Have necessary supplies ready, such as food, toys, cleaning supplies and a collar.
- Consider the size and needs of the pet. Some pets are happy to sit on a lap and others prefer to go for a daily run. Make sure the pet’s needs will match your family’s home, lifestyle and level of activity.
Every homeless pet deserves a home for the holidays. Consider adopting from one of the participating animal shelters and giving a pet in need a home during Ho Ho Home for the Holidays. In return, your new furry friend can provide years of companionship and never ending love.