By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Stater Bros. Markets has served the Big Bear community since 1980, and nearly 40 years later, its Big Bear location has been extensively renovated in response to requests from local residents and visitors seeking to take to the slopes.
Located at 42171 Big Bear Blvd., the store will continue to be led by Rick Jaeger, a 39-year Stater Bros. “Family” member and longtime Big Bear resident. The Company’s Big Bear location features:
- By popular demand, a Full Service Deli including Cleo & Leo hand-breaded fried chicken, specialty sandwiches and wraps, taco and burrito combo meals and a full line of prepared party trays
- A Newly Added Full Service Hot Bakery with a full selection of Artisan breads and rolls, fresh pastries and in-house decorators to assist with all special occasion needs
- An Expanded Full Service Meat Case with added technology to keep product at its freshest
- A Full Service Fresh Seafood Department with friendly experts to help with selection
- An Enhanced Garden Fresh Produce Department with expanded organic selections and a fresh cut fruit station
- Handcrafted sushi made in-house daily
- An expanded beer, wine and liquor department featuring a wider selection of wines, spirits and the coldest beer in town!
- Widened aisles to improve our customer’s shopping experience
- Continued commitment to the environment through installation of solar panels and use of energy-efficient LED lighting
“I attended school and raised my family in the Big Bear area. Every bit of this community and this store means a lot to me,” said Rick Jaeger, Store Manager. “We’re a tight-knit community and I’m sure locals and visitors will be excited with the wall-to-floor renovations we’ve made to enhance their shopping experience,” Jaeger added.
Additionally, in the spirit of honoring Stater Bros. Markets longtime tradition of not just doing business in the community, but being part of the community, Stater Bros. Charities will present a donation totaling $2,500 to the Big Bear Valley Education Trust.
The store will continue to operate from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily.