By Staff Reports
(Victorville)– Join us this Saturday, February 29th, for free heart screenings for teens at University Preparatory School in Victorville. Presented by the Victor Valley Union High School District in conjunction with Desert Valley Hospital-Desert Valley Medical Group with members of the City of Victorville Fire Department, assisted by the Victor Valley College Nursing Program, and American Medical Response.
Heart Screening Details:
– Screenings are non-invasive (no needles or x-ray exposure) and take about 30 minutes to complete.
– If the participant is under 18 years old and brings a fully signed/completed packet, parents do not need to be present.
– Screenings include a health history review, ECG, and a referral for an echocardiogram if indicated.
– Female technicians screen girls in a separate area from boys. Private screening areas available as needed.
– Participants should dress in t-shirt and sweatpants or sports shorts. Female athletes should wear a sports bra.
– Instructions will be given if follow-up medical is recommended. Final reports will be sent after the cardiologist’s formal view.
– Hands only CPR will be provided by the Victorville Fire Department, and Stop the Bleed® Training will also be available, provided by Loma Linda University Medical Center
Date & Time
Saturday, February 29
University Preparatory School
13853 Seneca Road
Victorville, CA 92392
**By appointment only**