By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– The Office of Sustainability at Cal State San Bernardino invites the community to participate in Sustainability Week, Monday, April 20 through Friday, April 25, to learn how to be more environmentally, economically and socially responsible.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all events during Sustainability Week will be virtual.
“Each participating member of the pack is helping us create campus communities that are healthier and more resilient!” according to their website. “Our goal is to inform you of the sustainability activities at CSUSB and introduce you to positive habits that benefit your finances, the environment and social well-being.”
During Sustainability Week, use the hashtag #ResilientCSUSB in your Instagram posts, take the small paw pledge, or email resilient@CSUSB to enter daily prizes and create a virtual movement!
Activities for Sustainability Week include:
- Minimize Monday, April 20
– Join in watching the feature film “Minimalism” to learn the benefits of a minimal lifestyle
– RSVP for the virtual Stress or Success workshop for CSUSB employees
– Donate unused items to reduce clutter
- Turn-it-off Tuesday, April 21
– Join in on an energy-themed online quiz
– Learn how to “reduce the juice” and save on your electrical bill
- Waste Less Wednesday, April 22
– Reduce waste and save money
– Create a home-based waste and recycle sorting center
– Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and virtually explore the marvels of the world
- Thirsty Thursday, April 23
– Learn about water conservation
– Controlling your water usage
– Tips and tricks to remain healthy and hydrated
- Fresh Friday, April 24
– Get fresh air with the virtual City Nature Challenge hosted by iNaturalist
– Enjoy a fruit smoothie
- Social Saturday, April 25
– Do something positive for someone while staying at home
– Host a watch party of your favorite documentary
– Visit the CSUSB Sustainability Week website for more ways to stay virtually social
For details about each activity, visit the Office of Sustainability’s Virtual Sustainability Week website.