By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Due to COVID-19 impacts, there are a number of changes that voters will experience in this year’s Presidential Election. To help voters better understand how, when and where to vote, San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters (ROV) has launched a “Your Ballot. Vote Safe. Vote Early.” public education campaign.
This campaign is designed to make it easier for the county’s 1.1 million registered voters to be informed of the changes and participate in the voting process with an emphasis on voting safely and early. The good news is that every voter will still have the opportunity to choose how they want to vote this election – vote-by-mail, ballot drop-off locations, early vote sites, and polling places will all be options.
Key components of the campaign include:
- Education materials in multiple languages that meet the needs of diverse populations
- Virtual presentations with civic, political, community, business, and nonprofit groups
- Social media efforts across multiple platforms
- Advertising on television cable, radio, print, online and billboards
- Working with news outlets to get accurate and timely information out to voters
In September, San Bernardino County residents will begin to see advertising efforts across the County. Details on how, when and where to vote this election are posted and updated on the ROV website and will be shared in the Voter Information Guides to be mailed to all registered voters at the end of this month.
To learn more – or to check on your own voter status — all residents are invited to visit ROV online at www.sbcountyelections.com. To schedule a presentation or receive a toolkit of voter education materials, email your request to email@example.com.
A few key dates to remember:
- Late September – Voter Information Guide mailed to registered voters
- October 5 – Vote-by-mail ballots delivered to the U.S. Postal Service to be mailed out to registered voters
- October 6 – Ballot drop-off sites open October 26-30
- October 31 to November 3 – Early vote sites open
- November 3 – Election Day