By Staff Reports
(Phelan)– In many unincorporated areas, Community Services Districts provide basic services like water, sewer and fire protection. Established in 2008, the Phelan Pinon Hills CSD provides water, parks and recreation, solid waste and recycling, and street lighting services. The CSD’s mission of efficiently providing authorized services and maximizing resources for the benefit of the community continues to be fulfilled with these recent accomplishments:
- Replacement of numerous service lines throughout the District (6.7% so far)
- Moving to new smart meter technology (AMI) to help customers save water and detect leaks sooner
- Establishment of free community Wi-Fi in Phelan Park
- Addition of water well No. 8, providing 92 million gallons per year
- Development of a Parks and Recreation Master Plan
The CSD also has a community demonstration garden with seasonal programs. For more information about the Phelan Pinon Hills CSD, click on https://www.pphcsd.org/.