By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Former members of the U.S. military are invited to the Seventh Annual High Desert Veterans Resource Fair on Wednesday, Nov. 11 to highlight information on veterans’ benefits, career options and personalized claims assistance.
Hosted by San Bernardino County Supervisor Robert Lovingood, this year’s event will be offered virtually on Facebook and will include information on employment, housing, health care, readjustment counseling and education for veterans. Guest presenters will include Supervisor Lovingood, County Veterans Affairs Director Col. Frank Guevara (Ret.), and Col. Paul Cook (Ret.), Congressman for the 8th District.
“I am proud of the outstanding work that San Bernardino County has done to enhance the lives of our veterans,” Supervisor Lovingood said. “Year after year, San Bernardino County has proven its commitment to veterans. In 2019, the County VA served 35,925 veterans and family members. For the year, the department assisted veterans in obtaining $47.7 million in new or increased benefits – benefits that these veterans earned,” Supervisor Lovingood said. “That’s the highest amount received by any of California’s 58 counties!”
During the week of Nov. 9, Supervisor Lovingood’s Facebook page will present a daily highlight featuring a local veteran.
• Nov. 9 – Tech. Sgt. Evita Yniquez-De La Cruz, a former Army soldier and founder of the Veterans Suicide Awareness Project
• Nov. 10 – Lt. Col. Tony Marshall, a decorated Air Force fighter pilot, instructor and Prisoner of War during the Vietnam War
• Nov. 11 – Tribute to Sgt. Tyler Shelton, an Army aircraft repairer who died recently in a training accident
• Nov. 12 – Tribute to SMSgt. Art Gee, aviation instructor with over 7,700 hours as a flight engineer
• Nov. 13 – Capt. Bill McDaniel, a decorated Air Force fighter pilot and forward air controller during the Vietnam War
Supervisor Lovingood’s virtual Veterans Resource Fair will run from 10 to 11 a.m. at www.FaceBook.com/SupervisorLovingood. For more information, call Supervisor Lovingood’s Victorville office at (760) 995-8100 or email SupervisorLovingood@SBCounty.gov.
The San Bernardino County Department of Veterans Affairs’ High Desert office is located at 15900 Smoke Tree St., in Hesperia. For information, call (760) 995-8010 or click on http://hs.sbcounty.gov/va/Pages/default.aspx.