By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Every tax season there seems to be a new scam. The IRS is warning the community that scammers are impersonating IRS officials in an attempt to steal your identity or access your financial information.
Please remember that the IRS will not:
- Call to demand an immediate payment.
- Ask for bank account, credit, or debit card information over the phone.
- Call and threaten legal action or to contact local authorities.
If you get a suspicious email:
- Don’t reply to the message.
- Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org then delete it.
- Don’t open any attachments or click on any links.
For more information about how to protect yourself and what to look out for, visit
IRS Tax Tips.