By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– San Bernardino County has made great strides in vaccinating its residents, with approximately 27.8% of the population vaccinated to date. On Thursday, eligibility opens to all residents ages 50 and up, followed by all residents ages 16 and up on April 15. Anyone who accompanies an eligible family member can also get vaccinated, provided they make an appointment at the same time & place.
Our mobile clinics have been doing a fantastic job bringing the vaccines to remote communities such as Trona and Needles. And more clinics are being planned each day, including one scheduled for Thursday, April 1, at Calico Ghost Town in Yermo.
The County’s vaccination dashboard includes a handy tracker showing how the vaccinations are progressing in each of our communities. Categories include demographics and locations. Here are some quick First District numbers, based on population.
- Adelanto – 15% vaccinated
- Apple Valley – 26.6% vaccinated
- Baker – 6.7% vaccinated
- Big River- 2.6% vaccinated
- Daggett – 6.8% vaccinated
- Havasu Lake – 4.2% vaccinated
- Helendale – 22.9% vaccinated
- Hesperia – 19% vaccinated
- Hinkley – 7.7% vaccinated
- Needles – 15.9% vaccinated
- Newberry Springs – 12.5% vaccinated
- Oak Hills – 19.8% vaccinated
- Oro Grande – 11.1% vaccinated
- Phelan – 22.2% vaccinated
- Pinon Hills – 13.8% vaccinated
- Trona – 22.1% vaccinated
- Victorville – 22% vaccinated
- Wrightwood – 31.1% vaccinated
- Yermo – 10.4% vaccinated
There is still much work to be done. By the end of April, the state is expected to receive more than 3 million vaccines per week, compared to the current 1.8 million. Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the County has the opportunity to receive their “shot for hope.”
Make an appointment now on the county’s vaccination website. Share the news with friends who may not know about the opportunity. And if you have questions, the county’s COVID-19 hotline is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays at (909) 387-3911.
Our office is here to serve you. We are open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. weekdays at (760) 995-8100.