By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Seven animal shelters will join forces to help homeless dogs and cats find loving homes during the Homeward Bound Virtual Pet Adopt-a-Thon on June 26.
San Bernardino County Animal Care and Control (ACC), along with five additional animal shelters in the county, will be hosting the virtual pet adoption event.
“This is a great opportunity to highlight our wonderful companion pets waiting for homes, in a creative and convenient way,” said Brian Cronin, Chief of San Bernardino County ACC. “We are happy to work with our partners to help animals in our shelters find loving homes.”
The following animal shelters are participating in our Homeward Bound Virtual Pet Adopt-a-Thon:
· Apple Valley Animal Shelter – 22131 Powhatan Rd., Apple Valley – (760) 240-7000
· Barstow Humane Society – 2480 E. Main St., Barstow – (760) 252-4800
· Big Bear Animal Shelter – 42080 North Shore Dr., Big Bear City – (909) 866-4943
· City of San Bernardino Animal Shelter – 333 Chandler Pl., San Bernardino – (909) 384-1304
· Devore Animal Shelter – 19777 Shelter Way, San Bernardino – (909) 386-9820
· Rancho Cucamonga Animal Services – 11780 Arrow Rte., Rancho Cucamonga – (909) 466-7387
· Upland Animal Shelter – 1275 San Bernardino Rd., Upland – (909) 931-4185
How to participate:
· On June 26 at 10 a.m., view pets available for adoption at www.facebook.com/HomewardBoundPets
· If you see a pet that you are interested in, call the corresponding shelter to arrange to visit the pet.
· Pay the fees and adopt the pet.
Each agency will offer a reduced adoption fee of $25 for dogs and $17 for cats, which includes microchipping, spaying or neutering and initial vaccinations. Dog license fees vary by jurisdiction and are not included. Please contact the agency listed that serves your area for further information.
To ensure a successful pet adoption, consider your lifestyle and the needs of the pet. Some pets are happy to sit on a lap and others prefer to go for a daily run. Make sure the pet’s needs will match your family’s home, lifestyle and level of activity.