By Staff Reports
(Victor Valley)– Let’s take a look back at all that San Bernardino County accomplished in 2021!
• More than 1.2 million people were vaccinated against COVID-19 this year from healthcare workers, to seniors, to children ages 5 and up.
• Arrowhead Regional Medical Center treated more than 5,500 COVID-19 patients.
• The County Library implemented new technologies to conduct digital programs during the pandemic.
• County departments took home 63 awards for innovative programs and services.
• The Board of Supervisors chose new maps in a thorough redistricting effort.
• The 2021 State of the County brought together hundreds of business, government and community leaders to share ideas and move the county forward.
• Phase 3 of the Bloomington Grove affordable housing community opened.
• Topgolf began construction in San Bernardino County.
• The County Museum hosted a historic unveiling in collaboration with Inland Empire Native American tribes.
• First 5 donated $1 million in diapers, wipes and personal protective equipment to those in need.
• Regional Parks, Public Works and Special Districts made significant improvement to parks across the county.
• The Probation Department made great efforts to assist the county’s homeless population.
• #OperationHammerStrike began fighting back against illegal cannabis cultivation.
• Shannon Dicus was appointed our new County Sheriff.
Here’s to another successful year serving you in 2022. Happy New Year!